Milford First United Methodist Church had its beginnings in 1797 when Francis McCormick preached his first class meeting at his log cabin on a site which is now Milford thus making our church the oldest of the denomination in the entire Northwest Territory. We have always cherished our history, and have continued to worship in the original 1835 church structure while expanding and altering the structure many times along the way.
Over the years, as the church has grown and had new opportunities to celebrate Christ in worship and fellowship, changes have been made to our structure, including the Milford First UMC Family Life Center, which was consecrated for service in December 2002. This remarkable addition includes the Great Hall which is used for worship, recreation, fellowship, large receptions and meals; a beautiful new kitchen; a full lower level which houses space for our music and other programs; and four beautiful classrooms on the second floor. In addition to looking for better ways to use our space, we are also always open to looking for new opportunities to allow us to more effectively reach out to our neighbors of all ages and backgrounds, in the love and peace of Christ.
We have come a long way since Francis McCormick called his first-class to a log cabin in the wilderness that was neither Milford nor Clermont County. With the addition of our Family Life Center, our facility has seen growth through three centuries and we are equipped to handle the ministerial needs of the 21st century.
More importantly, our faith and determination to be a church for all God’s people have grown with the size of our building. We invite you to join us in this exciting journey.